HELPFUL INSTRUCTIONS FOR EVERY DAY POOL CARE VACUUMING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Clean skimmer and pump baskets with pump off. Close butterfly valve in skimmer furthest from the pump and open fully butterfly valve closest to pump. Replace skimmer baskets. Place vac head on pole and attach vac hose to vac head. Place skim vac on other end of hose. Place vac head in shallow end of pool. Turn pump on with multiport in “filter” position. Hold skim vac over return until hose fills with water and bubbles stop rising to the surface. Carry skim vac, with hose attached, to skimmer closest to pump and place over skimmer basket with pump running.
2. Proceed to vacuum pool by moving vac head slowly over bottom of pool. The vac head must be kept below the surfact at all times or suction and prime on pump will be lost. If pool is exceptionally dirty, check the skimmer basket occasionally, and clean if necessary.
3. It will be necessary to turn the pump off in order to remove the skim vac from the skimmer. After vacuuming check and clean all skimmer and pump baskets as needed. Open the butterfly valve all the way in the farthest skimmer. Adjust the butterfly valvein the closest skimmer to create an even flow of water. It is advisable to store your vac hose out of the sun, protecting it from the elements and pool chemical oxidation.
4. NEVER VACUUM WITH THE MULTIPORT IN THE BACKWASH POSITION, AS YOU COULD CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR FILTER.
5. Should the pump lose its prime at any time, this can be corrected by removing the cover from the pump basket, filling the pump with water until it reaches the bottom of the intake and turning the pump on. It may take up to 2 minutes for the pump to pull water up from the pool. If this should not work, check to make sure that the cover is secure and fill with water again if necessary. You can let the pump run dry for 3 to 5 minutes without causing any damage to the motor. Beyond that, it is advisable to fill it and start over.